- We had 2 bridal showers for my new sister-in-law! (I love saying sister-in-law!)
- My fabulous mother turned 50!
- I finished my spring semester with a 4.0! wasn't expecting that, but God's awesome.
- Started my Speech maymester and finished it 9 days later.
- During this time we had Christy's bachelorette party, bridal pictures, wedding preparations, and then the rehearsal dinner.
- My brother graduated college!!
- MY BROTHER GOT MARRIED TO ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS.
- We got to celebrate my mom on mothers day!
- And then, of course, all the small things that you know you were busy doing, but can't remember what they are.
- Then, the most important, God spoke to me big time and showed me another part of His will for my life! It's so exciting and I can't wait for everything!
Then, it was while I was reading Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis, that God spoke to me. I was reading the introduction (yep, I hadn't even made it to chapter one) when I just started crying because I could feel God talking to me. He was finally telling me that he had something real in store for me; I didn't have to just wish an opportunity would come along. It was time for action! I grabbed my laptop, started looking at all the organizations that I knew went on Human Trafficking mission trips, and didn't feel God calling me to any of them. Then I felt called to go to the A21 Campaign website and I was just looking around when I saw A21 Internships. I clicked on it, and just started crying more. (Crying is a regular theme in my life.) There are 3month, 6month, 9month, and a year internships in Greece in a A21 Safehouse where you work with the girls who have been rescued. That was exactly what God called me to do!
I started researching it, picking out everything I could about it, and I was honestly ready to just pack up and leave. I hastily planned that I could finish my basics then go do the internship before I came back for nursing school. I finally knew what God wanted me to do! My heart was already in Greece with these girls. I was trying to take this into my own hands, yet again, and plan it myself. Then I felt God say, "Think with your brain for a second, not your heart." And as soon as I started trying, I saw where it said you have to be 21 to be an intern. Then all these realizations I had already known (but temporarily forgot in my excitement) and have been telling myself from day 1 came back; You can help these girls better after you're a nurse, You have a scholarship to go to college, why would you throw that away?
God knows me so well to make sure I know these things, so I don't try to jump ahead in His plans. Now, after talking about it with my parents (and crying through that too) and thinking about it logically and praying about it and making sure this is what God wants for me; I'm positive it is. I feel that not only do I WANT to do this, i'm CALLED to do this. Just like I'm called to be a nurse. So after I graduate from nursing school, I'm more than likely going to take a 3 month internship with the A21 campaign in Thessaloniki, Greece. However, I don't graduate from nursing school for two and a half years. I'm trying to think of this as a positive thing because now I have a focus and an actual time frame and I still don't think I'm ready. Actually, I know I'm not ready, but it's ok, because God's always ready.